sábado, 12 de diciembre de 2009

Cold day in heaven





Nikon D2X AFS Nikkor 500VR+1,4XTC HSC mode handheld, manual exposure
This group of images are from the same spot and almost there are just a couple of minutes between them. A chilly morning with big waves breaking in the shore and a group of kittiwakes resting in the black rocks. All the four images could be considered portraits of gulls but not like the ones in my previous post, more formal and traditional. Here I avoided direct light. I didn´t went for a perfect isolation of the subject. I didn´t worry about head turn or eye contact. I tried to portrait not only the bird´s expression or a good head shot but I tried to portrait a litle part of their lives. Resting and preening in the calm of a dark rock, under the timid sun rays, surrounded by the fury of the sea. An island of peace in the middle of the storm.

No hay comentarios: